Sunday, October 20, 2013

Michigan 2013

We were off bright and early one Friday morning in August on our way to Michigan! We go every year and love it! It is such a beautiful place and I love making memories in the same spot every year. This year Bj was able to join us! It has never worked out between jobs, moving and kiddos for him to make it, but we sure loved having him here this year!


Connor was a bike riding machine! This kid logged a ton of miles on his bike, if he wasn't at the beach or sleeping he was riding his bike. It was SO fun!

The sweet birdie was so good on his first trip to Michigan! I tell you what it was pretty lovely nursing a baby to the sound of the waves and then cozying him up in the sand :)


He spent a good portion of his time at the beach snoozing! He is pretty used to the white noise so the sound of the waves lulled him right to sleep. It was a little chilly this year so we didn't get in the water, but we had lots of fun building sand castles!

Sweet Connor Man, he is a pro at Michigan! He already can't wait to go back!






We had the perfect house this year - my whole family came - Nene, Clete, G, Uncle Bob, Bobby, Caitlin, Patrick, Anna, Nonny, Uncle Davey, Shannon, Uncle Mike, Aunt Yvonne and us. It was so much fun and we already can't wait until next year!



I mean I just love a sweet little sleeping baby shot!

Playing - this boy is always playing and on the move - I love it! We found these fun little sand buckets at Sams with a hose on them - they were awesome! I made my mom buy another one so Evs had one next year :)
He is the happiest little stinker!



We took some family walks on the beach and I couldn't help but stop and snap a few shots - I sure do love my little family!



This is my FAVORITE picture - I just love it! I think it sums these two up thus far. Connor is a little shy and loves to squeeze on his brother - Evan so far has been a happy and outgoing little baby! I just love these little boys more than anything else.



We took lots of family bike rides and Connor took lots of burley rides. We almost didn't bring it, but I am so glad we did!

We had one rainy day so we took the fam to see Planes. It was such a cute movie! Poor Evan, I turned him around in his car seat in the seat so he faced the back of the theatre and he fell asleep. Didn't even get to enjoy watching his first movie :)


We climbed Mt. Baldi this year! This Momma did all 331 steps with Evan in the ergo - I almost died but was pretty proud of myself at the end :) I can't believe he will be most likely running up them next year!



We took the chain ferrry into Saugatuck and had some ice cream! Evan was able to try his first bite and he loved it!!




We had such a wonderful time - I can't believe how fast the week went. It was our first big family vacation with everyone and it was just awesome. Everyone got along and it was just fun to hang out and always have someone to talk to. We already can't wait for next year!

No comments: