Monday, January 2, 2012

3!

Connor, I am not quite sure how it happened, but you turned three this year! I don't know if I will ever be able to get over how fast you are growing, you just amaze me everyday. The night before your birthday we put you to bed and were talking about the day you were born, and how we didn't even know if you were a boy or a girl! You were the best Christmas I have ever had and I love you to the moon and back! We snuck into your room after you were sleeping and filled it with balloons as a fun surprise for you to wake up to! It was SO fun and something I hope to do again. You just loved playing with the balloons and you had everyone playing with them at your party later that night. We had lots more than this, you had just throw half of them down the stairs by the time I took the picture :)
(don't worry, he has a rail up, I had taken it down to put the sheets back on :) )

 We opened up your presents from us in the morning before we had breakfast. We gave you a mack (you love it) and a gas pump and trailer for your cozy coupe. To say that you love it would be an understatement - you just didn't know what to do with yourself, you had SO much fun throwing everything you own in the back and trailing it around the house. We bought you that cozy coupe on your first birthday and it is by far the best investment we have ever made. You have used that thing every single day since, for at least a few hours.
 It's party time! After breakfast, lunch and a little rest on your part it was time for all of your family to come over to celebrate you and your three years! We had the nicest little time and I had fun decorating just a little for your party - I just love doing it!


 We had your chalkboard waiting outside of your door wishing you a "happy birthday" in the morning when you woke up and you said "look momma, it says Connor!" You love that chalkboard - its the best PBK knock-off Mommy and Daddy have made! :)

 You had so much fun opening your presents - by the end of Christmas you were a pro, it was hilarious! We are so blessed with such a wonderful family who spoils you rotten!
 I decided to *attempt* the cake this year and it was kind of a bust - I think I will leave the cake decorating and baking to Auntie G next time! I was seriously sweating up a storm in the kitchen, and it took me two days. I don't know if you can tell but the dirt road is supposed to be a "3" :) It tasted good though so that is all that matters!
 Happy Birthday to you!!
 Once everyone started to leave and you had some more room it was time to haul your goodies around in the trailer - I am sorry, but is that not the cutest little thing?! He HAD to have it as soon as I saw it. He is so funny with the gas pump too - he loves to fill it up with gas :)
 Our little family - someone was not wanting to pose for a picture, I think we waited until the very end which wasn't the best idea, but that's okay :) It's just a picture of how he is at 3!
 There is a good cheese for me :)
 That's all she wrote folks, I am 3!!!! It was a great two days of celebrating and now we are on to Christmas Eve and Christmas!!
One last spin in the cozy before bed time :)

No comments: