Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Pineapple Fountain

I love pineapples. I don't know why, I just do. Love the way they look, what they stand for, I just think they are sweet. Anywho...I about died when I first saw this fountain in Charleston and it's been one of my favorite places ever since. It is in the Waterfront Park and right next to a boardwalk with huge porch swings to sit on and look out at the harbor. It is simple and sweet and I don't think it gets much better than that. So OF COURSE the whole family had to make their way to the Pineapple Fountain. We took a group picture, but it didn't turn out. I was bummed!There she is, in all of her glory!
Momma and the little one! He wanted to get down and get his feet back in the water - he loves it!
Getting his feet wet with Granny - it was all he wanted to do. I think he would have stayed there all night kicking in the water if we let him!!
Daddy was able to meet us at the fountain and we were off to The Charleston Crab House for a nice little dinner, then home and off to bed! It was great day - we explored the markets and looked at all the buildings. It was a little hot, so much of the day was spent getting our feet wet in the fountain.

No comments: