Saturday, June 6, 2009

Leaving A Legacy

I was talking with someone the other day and they were laughing at how many pictures I take and how much I enjoy writing on this blog and it got me thinking about why exactly that is. I had started this blog before I found out I was pregnant - I was just going to talk about what was going on in our lives. As soon as I got pregnant I had an endless amount of things to talk about, so many exciting things happening in our lives it was easy. I have always taken a lot of pictures, so it was really nice to have a place to write a little something about what those pictures mean to me and my family. It just made me realize that I take pictures so that the members of my family that come after me will have our legacy and will be connected to us through the memories we leave in our pictures and the words I write on this blog. My hope is that one day I will take my posts and add them to Connor's scrapbook to have a paper reminder in case the Internet is a thing of the past and my words, thoughts, feelings and memories would be lost forever. I want to leave behind the legacy of the type of family we were when it was just the three of us - I want Connor to know how much we loved him from the minute we found out about him. I want him and any other children we are blessed with to have the happy memories to reflect on when they have a bad day - and the guidance and help they need when they start a family of their own. I hope that we will be good enough parent's for them to look to us as an example when they have families. I ask so many questions and I am so curious about the world and people - I hope that I pass that on to Connor. I hope that this way I will remember all of the adventures we had and all of the emotions and thoughts from those adventures. I don't know, I was just thinking about it and I realized that not only is it a creative outlet for me, it's a legacy I will leave behind.

No comments: