Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Big 2-7!

I really must be consumed with love for this little bugster because I completely forgot about my birthday this year! I have never done that, I love birthdays. I start a countdown every year the end of February in anticipation of March 12. I usually prefer my birthday be celebrated for the entire week and can't stop talking about it! This year, I called my mom on Monday and said "Oh my goodness, my birthday is on Thursday and I am going to be 27...!" I really don't know when that happened -- but I guess it's not so bad!

We had a nice low key day and hung out as a family, it was great! Exactly what I asked for on my big day. We went up to this outdoor store by our house that is going out of business and got the dogs a new flying squirrel and Connor the "Curious George Goes Camping" book, took a walk and went to the park. I couldn't resist snapping a shot of the sweet man in his stroller! Bj has to work that night, so the little one and I snuggled on the couch and watched movies.
Snoozing away on our walk to the park! Look at that little Irish shirt, he couldn't resist! I had to include the picture of the doggies and Sir Scout's jumping ability! He loves to catch his flying squirrel! He can jump, but Sedona can catch!
Without giving too much away, we might have had a little fun posing Connor and the doggies for St. Patty's Day pictures! I mean...how cute are they?! Especially with their scarves from Uncle Greg!
I can't think of a sweeter man to hang out with on my birthday. Daddy had to close the restaurant, so Connor and I just spent the evening together. Also, who could resist kissing that boys cheeks...the shirt does say "kiss me i'm irish!" I have to say, my first birthday with our son was one of the best birthdays ever. I am so thankful for this wonderful year and I can't wait for all that 27 has in store! Thank you to everyone for your sweet messages!


No comments: