Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Due Date

Hard to believe that TODAY was the day I thought I would give birth. Another of many lessons in life and it not always going the way you would think. It is crazy how fast the whole experience has gone. I remember it like it was yesterday, finding out we were pregnant, telling everyone, getting the room ready and then all of a sudden we were in the hospital and Connor Francis Johnson arrived six weeks early. It is just wild that instead of spending today possibly in labor, I am spending it with my nearly six week old baby boy. Even after all the tears and fear during out two month stay in the hospital, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love my little boy and our expanded family more than anything in the world.
We were laying in bed this morning (Bj laying down, me next to him, Connor asleep on my chest, the dogs flanking either side) and Bj looks over at me and says, "this is it, isn't it?" I couldn't help but smile as I looked at him and said, "yes...this is it, just the way it should be."

No comments: