Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Two Weeks Old!

We can't quite believe it, but our little man is two weeks old! He is doing so good and we are so very proud of him. He now weighs 4lb 3oz, his head has grown and his body has grown just a little bit. He has started drinking out of a bottle -- not at every feeding, but at least a few times a day! He also tried breastfeeding the other day -- he is so big we can't stand it. It takes a lot of energy out of little babies to eat and he usually falls asleep about halfway through. He is more awake and alert these days and its awfully nice to see his sweet little eyes open more of the time. He loves to snuggle and is totally content to sleep in our arms all day long. I had to put him down the other day so I could pump and he was so mad at me, it was a little funny! He even has a girlfriend, his nurse Barb has a crush on him! No estimate on his departure -- we are thinking maybe another two weeks but no one knows for certain. As we have quickly learned, he is the boss and in charge of things these days :)
I had my two week check-up today and all is well and good! My blood pressure was even normal again and I am able to lower the dosage on my medicine, woo-hoo! I am able to drive again and made a little trip to Babies R Us for some Y Cut nipples for the little man, to make it a little easier to eat his thickened feeds. Other than that, we are just hanging out waiting for New Years! Oh, and this is outfit #2 from daddy!

No comments: