Friday, November 14, 2008

Third Trimester: Here We Come!

I think I am still in shock that the third trimester is upon us and I haven't taken the time to write down my feelings about it yet. Looking back, I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone. I still have my fair share of time to go, but I can't believe we are in the final stretch. So, here goes...

Monday November 10, 2008 marked the beginning of my29th week. 29 Weeks! As I write this I am pretty stinkin close to 30 weeks too, yikes! I think the next 11 weeks will be filled with anticipation a little fear and overall excitement. I don't think I will ever be able to fully grasp the amazing miracle that takes place over the past nine months. I mean, our baby just grew in my belly. Simply amazing. The little one is about as big as a butternut squash and growing rapidly. His or her little head is growing daily to hold the large brain and smarts this little one will surely have inherited. I crave orange juice, cheese and meat...I think the little one is having a growth spurt. At just about 2.5 pounds at this point the baby will probably triple in size before coming into the world. Yikes! I am not so sure where sweet pea is going to go hotel momma seems pretty full already :)

I feel as though we have all that we need for this little one. Once we pick up the car seat we will secure the bases in the cars, pack our bags and wait to meet sweet pea. We have clothes, furniture, a bassinet, blankets, diapers, bottles and wipes. Oh and two parents and slew of grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends waiting to meet and love this little one. What else do you really need? We have taken our time and gotten stuff done little by little so that we could slow down and enjoy our last "trimester" as a childless couple and really enjoy and soak in the holidays with all the many people we are so thankful to have in our lives. I know that for me, the next few weeks will be filled with more nesting and cleaning and probably lots of happiness and you know maybe a few emotional momma tears. We have yet to completely decide on names and hopefully that will come in the next little while. Other than that it is finishing up the B and E scrapbook and surprising my hubby with a date night. I just can't wait.

For the next 11 weeks I am going to be including two belly shots, as I want to remember exactly how much this baby grows near the end. I apologize for the no-shirt shots, I wanted to make sure I had a few to remind me just what my belly looked like towards the end. I think 11 shots will be just perfect.
Belly -- Week 29

Getting bigger by the day!

Looks a little different without my shirt pulled down, huh?!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are too cute!!! Love seeing your pregnant belly!