Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Bedding!

I am not sure where I get my "creative juices" from and the need to make as many things as I can. Heaven forbid I just purchase some bedding, no I need to make it! And, in case you didn't pick up on the sarcasm I am pretty sure I get my creative energy from my mom, Granny D. I wish I would have listened to her more growing up and really paid attention in the sewing class she put me in. Oh well, hind sight has 20/20 and now she has something to say "I told you so about!" Maybe one day I will learn, though I don't think either of us are too sure about that. I already have a folder full of "ding dong school" projects to work when we move back to St. Louis!

Well, I have finally picked out almost all the fabric and designs for the crib bedding! I also finally settled on a curtain style! I am so excited to bring all the pieces home with me over Thanksgiving and work on it with my mom. Whatever we don't get finished bedding wise I will leave with her as I am not that talented at all yet! I will however be in charge of the pillows and curtains...hopefully they turn out! I can't wait to see how everything comes together. I love working on projects like this with my mom, she is so talented and amazes me all the time with the work that she does. She has great ideas and I am thankful she is willing to help/put up with me! The room just wouldn't be the same without some homemade love from momma and Granny D!

I thought I would share a few of the fabrics. It will be left up to the finished product to show you where each piece went and what other fabrics I threw in for good measure!Just a taste of what it is to come!

No comments: