Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Nursery -- Part 1 (Of Many!)

I am pretty sure everyone knows we are in the process of converting the current office into the nursery. Bj and I each took a side of the office to use as our workspace. It is a nice, large room and we are trying to figure out how we are going to condense what we have to a smaller room that already has enough furniture. I have been steadily working on my side (packing up books, organizing crafts, picture frames, etc.) and once we are finished with that, we will be on to Bj's stuff. It has been fun and I think it is going to look really nice when it is all said and done.

So the other day I started a "wish list" of things I would like to get done before the baby's arrival. I put everything I could think of on there, sent it to Bj and we talked about anything else that needed to go on there. Most of the stuff is centered around moving the office and making the nursery...about equal parts for both of us to do. We hadn't really talked about when we wanted to start it, as we had just finished putting everything on there we wanted to accomplish. So when I came home on Friday I was surprised and excited to find Bj in the attic over the nursery carving out a hole for the brand new overhead light we wanted! He is amazing and it looks great!! No overhead lighting was one of those things we both completely overlooked when buying out house. It is so strange, no overhead lighting in any rooms. So, Bj took on the task and tackled our first wish list item and it looks great! For the rest of the night we kept sneaking up and turning the light on, he even wants to install them in our room, the guest room and switch out the original beauty in the hallway! He is my wonderful Mr. Handy Man and I love him! It has us both really excited to see how everything comes together.

I am sure that this is the first of many posts involving the nursery...many more updates to come!

No comments: