Thursday, February 14, 2013

FULL TERM!

{photo courtesy of the wonderful and talented MP}
My whole pregnancy I have been hoping and praying that I would be able to this baby to full-term. It may not seem like such a huge thing to most, but after having a preemie this was the ultimate goal for me. To be excited at the end of this pregnancy and to have a baby that came home - not after a month long stay but after a short, normal 2-day stay. To be able to sit in my hospital bed after delivery and hold the baby - to be able to have people visit and pass the baby around - I seriously had daydreams about it! After my bedrest at 25 weeks I didn't think there was anyway this was possible, but still I hoped. The doctor said he wanted me to get to at least 36 weeks, I wanted at least 37. I DID IT! As I am typing this I am 38 weeks pregnant and I can't believe it, I feel like I need to pinch myself! I am so stinking excited! It took the help of wonderful friends, family, doctors and neighbors, but we did it!!  I love going out and having people's jaws drop when they see me and the belly coming :) I love when people tell me "oh, is there really only one in there?" or my favorite "there is NO way you are making it to your due date"! Ha! I love being really, really happy and excited at the end - not scared and terrified like I was with Connor. I love waking up everyday wondering if today is the day - I think it's funny the "labor strategy" thoughts that go through my mind when Bj has to run to work unexpectedly in the evening, it's so fun! I just love knowing that this baby is healthy and growing and doing everything they should in there :) I kind of love waiting on this little babe and wondering when he/she will arrive. Connor is talking more and more about it and asking some funny questions. He wanted to know the other day what we were going to do if the babies "hollering" woke him up in the middle of the night :) Ha! I am feeling so happy, excited, nervous, blessed and happy! Momma, Daddy and Big Brother can't wait to meet you sweet baby J!

1 comment:

Jennifer Pino said...

i'm so happy for you ellen, full term is amazing! (and you're still going!!) can't wait to see pics of your new little person!