Saturday, September 18, 2010

Welcome to 221 Papin!

Have you missed me?! Ha, I am sure there are not too many people (besides G) who are sad about my lack of updating :) I mean I don't even think "busy" is a good enough word to describe what has been going on around these parts lately. All good stuff, just lots and lots of business! When I say that the only room in our house that has remained untouched is the kitchen, I really mean it! We have to save up a little more cash-ola before we can redo the kitchen (our hopeful eta is December or January) but literally every single room in the house has been renovated in some way. The result? We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our new little home! I am going to do my best to keep up with the before and after's for each room because you know I documented them :) We are about 70% of the way there and seriously couldn't be happier with our little home and neighborhood, it was exactly what we wanted and well worth waiting for. So, without further ado welcome to 221 Papin Ave.!
Want to know what we did? Well - this beautiful change required the rebuilding of the steps, hand rail (please ignore the unpainted knobs on the top, we are going to exchange them for bigger ones!), trimming of the bushes, new lights, new house numbers (the lamp post in the front is going to lose the numbers and get a new coat of paint), a porch swing, rocking chairs, sanding of the porch floor and railings, new paint, sanding, stripping and painting of the front door. Whew! Want to see some of the "during" shots? I thought so :)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

oh my gosh! i LOVE 221 papin ave! it's the cutest place!!! I can't wait to see more and more of what you do to it! Congrats, boogs! Love ya, Klein