Sunday, March 7, 2010

Celebrate Fitness

Every year my mom and Mary Pat volunteer for Celebrate Fitness, another great organization raising money for breast cancer! Connor and I were really excited to be able to attend this year for the first time and we had so much fun! We did my mom's event, the fun walk and talked the whole time we did it about how we were helping raise money so that when Connor grows up there will hopefully be a cure! The Wentzville fire department was there with there pink fire truck, a part of their "Pink Tour". The truck was donated, painted pink and travels around the country (the firefighters even have pink turn-outs!) raising awareness about breast cancer. As you all know we kind of like firefighters so we were so excited to take a few dozen pictures for Uncle Bubba! The top one and the one below are our favorites. You might have to make this picture full size because it is SO STINKIN CUTE! I know I am the momma, but we just couldn't get over how cute Connor looks with his cheesy grin and hands on the wheel. We were trying to come up with some fun captions to send with the picture to Uncle Davey - our favorites were "Uncle Bubba, where are the brakes on this thing" and "Uncle Bubba, I am on my way to Montana!"
It was really sunny so my pictures didn't turn out great, but I still wanted you to get the whole picture.

He LOVED it, he was having so much fun! We were laughing about what a little ham he is turning into - our little sweet pea. He sure is cute and we kind of like him :)

The event was at Wash U and the campus is so pretty - we had to take a few pictures. Connor, with his new walking skills, wanted to walk the last little bit of the day and it is so fun. I loved the crawling stage because he looked so cute zooming all over the place but I really, really love the walking stage! We had a great day and we can't wait to do it again next year!

No comments: