Wednesday, February 24, 2010

So things have been quite busy around these parts and I am trying to catch up a little! You have to imagine my surprise when I was checking my comments on the blog and noticed that someone said I had an award...award?! Me?! So of course I ran over and checked it out! Thank you for my sweet award, I don't know that I am deserving, but I love to play games...so here goes!

The rules for accepting this award:
1.Thank the person that gave you the award
2.Pass this award on to 13 bloggers you've recently discovered and whom you think are fantastic!
3.Contact the Bloggers you pick to let them know they've won
4.State 7 Things about yourself!

Okay...here goes! I keep thinking I want to do one of those "ask me questions" posts so here will be the start of it! :)

1. When I was little my mom was picking me up from Preschool and I was walking down the steps and fell...ouch! My mom said my mouth was bleeding and she didn't see any of my teeth, after looking around for a minute she put me in the car and drove me to the E.R. where they realized that I had knocked all my baby teeth back up in my gums and now I have a fake front tooth! Ha! I hope that didn't scare anyone, but most people don't know that I have a fake tooth!

2. I have known Bj since I was 15 though I haven't always known I was going to marry him. I knew there was something special about him, but I just thought we were really good friends! One day we were standing in our office in Colorado and noticed that he was wearing the same shirt he was in a picture on the desk...from 10 years ago! Ha! :) He doesn't like to throw things away and says the more holes a shirt has, the more comfortable it is :)

3. I have always wanted to be a wife and momma, but I never knew how much I would love Connor. Also, we didn't know until the day we had him what his name would be. We had our girls name picked out, but were between Connor and Aidan. I thought he was going to have dark hair (which he did when he was born) so I thought Aiden for the dark hair. BUT, I am so glad we liked Connor better because his hair lightened up and he is a Connor Francis, the name is perfect :) I think I could have 10 kids, if my body could do it and our finances would support it!

4. I was an intern for NewsChannel 5 after I graduated from college and did an undercover piece on whether or not oil change places can short change you if you of the female gender. I even had a hidden listening device! Ha!

5. When I was younger I wanted to be Katie Couric and I was convinced it would happen, right out of college!

6. I love my family. When I was younger I always thought I would move away from St. Louis and never come back - there were too many places for me to explore (and I LOVE to travel). I was really surprised when my heart led me back to St. Louis after college and I am so thankful that it did, as it was (unbeknowst to any of us) the last nine months we would have with my dad. I am so thankful for that time and I would not trade it for the world. Moving back to St. Louis is also what brought Bj back into my life.

7. We had a "winter term" at Elon, where I went to school (and met my best friends!!), and I studied abroad in Costa Rica for the month of January. It was really fun, and really scary! I stayed with a "host" family who didn't speak a word of English - I ended up eating cow tongue when I tried in my broken Spanish to tell her we ate corn beef and cabbage on my birthday! Speaking of - I love birthdays. I think they are so fun and I can't wait to continue making Connor's special every year!

Okay...I don't know 13 other bloggers to pass this too, but I do have a few in mind...

Tag, you're it....

1. Reagan Mae
2. Long Gone in Hong Kong
3. Sugar and Spice

No comments: