Thursday, December 17, 2009

ONE!

First of all, my little moose, sit back and relax, this is a long one! Connor Francis Johnson, where has this year gone? How is it that I am writing this to you on the eve of your first birthday? We just bathed, lotioned and jammied you - for the last time as an 11 month old. I just finished giving you your bottle and snuggling with you before bedtime. I found myself just holding on to you because I couldn't believe that when I got you in the morning, you would be one. Wow. I don't even know where to begin. This has been the best year of my entire life, I could not even begin to put into words how much of a blessing you are to us. I have enjoyed every single moment of being your momma, and I will continue to enjoy and cherish every moment in the future. I knew I would love you, but nothing could prepare me for how much I would love you. We have watched you grow from a 4 lb baby who couldn't breathe on his own to a 20 lb little man - who is all over the place! We are so proud of you and can't wait to see what you get into this next year! You are not yet walking, but you are getting so very close! Your little personality is coming out everyday and you are such a ham!!! You do this funny thing with you feet - you will use your feet to push around in a circle on the floor when you are sitting - it cracks us up every time! I need to get a video, it's too cute not to share. Your laugh, grin and smiles are contagious and there is nothing in this world like the sound of you laughing. You love your doggies, balls, balloons, your farm set and your family. You make everyone around you happy and you are a total flirt! Every once in awhile you get "shy" but it's pretty sweet because you snuggle in to whomever is holding you. You have the cutest little crawl and you are FAST! You love to play in the dog's water and you will speed up around the corner when you know we are after you. You still love to play outside, turn on the lights and play. The minute you wake up, you are ready for action! I could go on and on, but I will let the pictures explain what we did for your first birthday sweet Connor!
This is the face I got when I sang you happy birthday this morning and said "say cheese, birthday boy!" I love it!! I also need to mention that bunny is your new favorite friend. You have bunny with you all the time and you guys just love each other. You give bunny kisses and hugs too, see - you are the sweetest little man!
We went to Gymboree and did the play and learn class this afternoon. It was so fun, you loved it! As a bonus - the focus of the class was "balls" which are your new favorite toys, along with balloons. You just wanted to sit on the floor and play with all the balls, you didn't care about anything else!

Somehow they knew it was your birthday (ha!) and gave you a balloon and a ball! To say you were excited would be an understatement. In fact, all the kiddos in your class were excited - ones little boy came up, took it from you and ran away! You were sweet as can be though and didn't say a word :)

We had to get another shot of the whole family on your birthday!!

You adore your grandparents and your Aunt Jen - and I think the feeling is pretty mutual on their part too! You had so much fun helping Grandpa and Aunt Jen putting together your ball popper and you LOVED your new toy!! Thanks Nana, Grandpa, and Aunt Jen!
Sweet as can be, our little one year old! All ready for dinner and cake at Nana and Grandpa's house.
By the end of the evening, you had had enough :) You were all partied out - after all, it is hard to party all week long! I think we waited a little too long and he was ready for bed, but it was a very successful first birthday, if you ask me. We cleaned you up, took you home and put you to bed!
But, before going to bed, I had to get one last picture of you with your "I am one" sign! It was a wonderful day sweet boy, we hope you enjoyed your first birthday! Thank you for being such a sweet little man, we love you to pieces!

No comments: