Friday, October 2, 2009

Parents as Teachers

We had our first Parents as Teachers meeting on Thursday and I mean, this momma was so excited! I couldn't wait - I have been wanting to sign up since we moved home, but we thought we had to wait until we moved into a home of our own - thanks to Annie we got squared away with the lovely Ms. Angela and we couldn't be happier! She was such a pleasure from the minute she walked in the door, and Connor got the biggest kick out of her! She told me she wouldn't waste her time being less than completely honest with me about everything. If she saw something she liked, she would tell and vice versa. She was so impressed with Connor and his little busy body personality. She said he is so ahead of where he should be and not one thing she saw would make her think he was a teeny tiny preemie. I mean you could literally see the pride oozing out of my eyeballs. I couldn't stop smiling, I told EVERYONE what praises she sang of my son. I was so unbelievably proud of him and how hard he has worked to develop right along with all the babies that had a few more weeks of cooking time. She said he was perfect and I couldn't help but agree!
He was and is all over the place and it's just wonderful. With her help he climbed half way up the stairs - that was crazy! She mentioned how she thinks he will be walking in a few weeks and I was like what?! What do you mean he is going to be walking?? I think we are really in for it when that happens, but we can't wait! Ms. Angela is just wonderful and we are so thankful to have the opportunity to spend 90 minutes a month with her. We already can't wait to see her again in November!

No comments: