Tuesday, July 7, 2009

6 Month Shots...

Poor Sweet Pea had to get his 6 month shots the other day and for some reason, they were tough ones. Me saying that as the one who had to watch, not who had to get stuck FOUR TIMES. From the move we didn't have our insurance figured out (actually we had to scramble to get temporary health insurance until Bj's kick in because cobra was going to cost $1,000 a month...yes, ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS a month) so I got his check up one day and his shots another day. I really like the doctor and the office, but I don't know how I felt about the shots. They have "shot visits" so you don't have to pay the office fee, you can just go in, get the shots and leave. Well the nurse calls us back and she is chipper as can be - she has me lay Connor down on the table (I didn't like that, I am used to holding him while he gets his shots) and proceeds to (still chipper as can be) jam a needle into my baby, twice in each leg. He looked up at me, his eyes got huge, he turned bright red and started screaming! The tears were welling up in my eyes and it took everything in me not to rip him off the table and into my arms. Oh my gosh...it was awful! It was so bad while I was trying to calm my sweet boy down, I saw the door across the hall open and a little boy with huge eyes staring out like "oh my gosh what did they just do to that boy, am I next!?". Oh I think we were both pretty traumatized - we left, went home and Connor was given whatever he wanted the rest of the day! All he wanted to do was sleep, so that's what he did. He also MAY have gotten a few new books after that tearful experience. I am kind of glad we don't have to go back until he is 9 months old!! He did however, as I noticed before I left yesterday morning, have FOUR bruises on his legs from the shots. I was so sad, Bj was like "Elle, I mean those aren't going to be the last bruises he gets!" I was like I know, but no more bruises from shots, okay?! :)

No comments: