Saturday, May 2, 2009

Sleeping Like a Baby...

It's a fact. I could watch Connor sleep for hours. It started in the hospital when I couldn't hold him. I would sit in his room, read, and watch him sleep. I don't think he could be any cuter as he sleeps either. He prefers his tummy - has from the beginning - and he always has his hands by his face. Last night he had both of them straight up by his head. When I first lay him down his little butt sticks straight up in the air and if I am lucky, his sweet little feet will cross. I check on him all the time before I go to bed and right before I leave in the morning. I love watching him stretch out and get cozy - I can't wait for the day he has a lovey or a blankie that he has to snuggle with. I love how his little lips and cheeks are smashed on the side of the sheet - and how he drools.
Equally as cute is watching him fall asleep. He likes to lay in your arms (if he isn't eating) and bury his face in the crook of your arm. He rubs back and forth, gets cozy and falls asleep. It doesn't take long - but he does like to walk, bounce or be rocked in his chair. I love the sound of him breathing and feeling him get cozy and snug in my arms. I think he feels safe and loved - and I just feel overwhelming love. I think it could be one of life's perfect moments- every night putting him to bed and every morning waking up with him. I am never upset or stressed when I am putting him to sleep - we are both just happy and content. I find myself holding him longer and longer after he falls asleep - he is already starting to get so wiggly I know one day my hours of snuggling him in my lap are going to come to an end - and my snuggle sessions will be a little shorter. I almost cried the other day while we were all having our usual Sunday morning snuggle when I realized that he no longer fits inside my jacket while laying on my chest like he did when he first arrived. I just can't believe how big he has gotten in just four and a half months - the sweet bugster!

No comments: