Friday, April 24, 2009

This Sweet Angel...

(Wednesday April 23rd, 2009) SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT! We are talking 7:30pm until 6:30am. Yep, that's right. 11 STRAIGHT HOURS of uninterrupted sleep! I almost wrote a post a few weeks ago talking about how he was sleeping for 6-7 hours at a time with no problems, but am I glad I waited. It was so funny I got up and thought I must have slept through him waking up and Bj had gotten him. Nope, no diaper on the changing table or bottle downstairs. I was giddy for him to wake up to play! He started talking about 6, but wasn't full force awake until 6:30. I ran into his room and he was sideways in his bed with the biggest smile on his face. I about died on the spot! I picked him up and hugged and kissed him for about 10 minutes and told him how proud I was! We ran in to tell Daddy - who was also quite excited! We couldn't stop laughing and smiling...what a big boy we have!
I just can't believe how many milestones we have had and how many more we will have in the future. I can honestly say I see what people mean when they "live through their kids". We were insanely proud of a seemingly small milestone in his life like sleeping through the night. I think we might fall over at the pride in our chests when he scores his first goal in a soccer game, gets an A on a test (all of his tests for that matter, he IS going to be the smartest boy alive) and gets into college. We just love you sweet pea.

No comments: