Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sneak Peak Number 4!

Okay -- I am going to go ahead and preface this with the fact that the ultrasound technician was far less excited about taking a picture of this beautiful baby than I was. I know I am a little on the crazy side, but come on I OF COURSE want a picture of our beautiful baby in the womb! So, I asked her in the beginning if she could snap a few cute profile pictures for me to have...
Well, after taking all the measurements (and not really saying much to me -- didn't worry me AT ALL!) she remembers at the last second to take the first picture of the baby's face she can see. I looked at it and smiled because to me it is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. BUT, most people will look and jump because Baby Johnson looks TERRIFIED!!! The machine only picks up shadows -- so no worries this sweet angel has actual eyes, nose and mouth not just the sockets :) I just had to share and if you chuckle a little no worries, we did too! So, in case you can't see -- that is the baby's face looking right at you! Little eye sockets and all!! We have had the week of ultrasounds! The first one we had upon arriving at the hospital was on Saturday the 22nd of November and we still can't figure out how to get the pictures off the disk :). The babe was 3lbs. 4oz. and looking sweet as can be. I was so relieved to see that the baby had gotten bigger from our 20 week ultrasound! I feel as though I have done all that I can to beef up this little one -- and I was quite proud of myself!

The doctor said we would have a "regular" ultrasound every two weeks or so to check on the baby's weight gain and stats. She decided to schedule one a little earlier so we could have the ultrasound expert take a look at it(they are only here on Tuesdays and Thursdays). Side note: you can tell from my descriptive "ultrasound expert" title that I can't for the life of me remember what her title is -- Her name was Dr. Wheeler, all I can remember. So, on the 4th of December I was wheeled on down to check on this little one's progress! The nurse took my blood pressure right before I was wheeled down (terrible idea, I had been looking forward to this all morning -- I got dressed up and couldn't stop talking about it!) and she just looked at me, sighed, and said "we will just go ahead and take that when you come back." I can only imagine how lovely it was!

So, the technician took the measurements and the doctor came in and told me the results. She said the babe was 3lbs. 10oz. (a 6oz. gain, we were so excited!) and in the 27th percentile. She said everything looked good and she didn't think I needed to be delivered today! I was excited because I wasn't at all thinking we would have a baby that day! She said I have a good amount of amniotic fluid, not great and her recommendation would be to deliver somewhere between 34 and 35 weeks -- seems to be on par with the doctor's too. So, those are the little one's newest stats, we think he or she is perfect! And, everyone keeps asking...no one has spilled the beans on the sex of the little sweet pea! I have been impressed -- we have had them say both boy and girl in there, so we really don't know!

No comments: