Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sneak Peak Number 3!

We have started having Bio-Physical Ultrasounds (BPP's) to check the baby's movement, amount of amniotic fluid, and breathing. They are AMAZING!!!! The pictures are not great quality, it is the machine they move around on the Labor and Delivery and Mom and Baby floor -- but in the first one the baby waved and he/she was sucking their thumb!!! It was the sweetest thing I have ever seen and I had tears in my eye thinking that this is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. It is unbelievable what you can do and see with modern technology.

It is amazing to see the baby move on the screen and feel it at the same time. I love it. The breathing is also quite amazing--you just see their little ribs moving up and down, it's just the most amazing miracle I will ever witness. The heart just beats away and you can see the four chambers and the valves opening and closing--I have stars in my eyes just thinking about it! I think we have had three more BPP's since this one and I am just as amazed at each one we have.
The first picture shows the baby's leg -- not a great one, but I still thought I would put it in. We saw the baby stretch that sweet, long leggie out -- it was so cool!!!! I screeched :) The leg is up in the left-hand corner and it is stretched out.

The second picture is a little profile shot (the baby's head is on the right and the arm is in the air)and you can see the baby's arm is extended -- it was so sweet in one of the ultrasounds the baby was snoozing away with their arm all nestled up on their face and the other one down by their side. I mean...does it get much cuter than that?!

1 comment:

Steph said...

ahhhhhh baby j is precious!!! i just love it! what an awesome ultrasound pic :) :)