Sunday, December 28, 2008

Diaper Changes

So, I think because I am usually sitting in Connor's room following the nurses around they took pitty on us and have started letting us be a part of his care, ie: change diapers, help feed, and take his temperature. I never knew I could get so excited about changing a diaper -- I also had no idea I would act like it was my first time changing one EVERY TIME I DID IT (he is just so small and mine, its a totally different thing)!

For those of you who know me, you know I have changed my fair share of diapers in my lifetime, I love little kiddos and therefore have changed a few of their diapers. Well, Bj changed the first one and said that he wasn't fast enough and Connor man peed a little -- only on the diaper, no where else. So, I had to laugh when it was my turn later that night to change his diaper and make a big deal about how I wouldn't let anything like that happen to ME! I get everything ready and open the diaper, clean him off (he only likes to poop when I change him and he usually likes to poop as soon as I put the new diaper on!) and get ready to put the diaper on -- when he pees ALL OVER EVERYTHING! It was kind of funny and exactly what I deserve for being so cocky -- we had to change everything, the diaper, his outfit and all the blankets. Way to go Momma! At least I have a few years ahead of me to perfect the talent.

No comments: