Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Love Affair

You would think from the title that this is going to be some juicy blog where I reveal something exciting...So very wrong, I am just about to write about my love affair with the bathroom. Yes, the bathroom. I feel as though I am so close to all the bathrooms of all the places I have visited lately that I am somehow not spending enough time with Bj. Somehow the bathroom seems to see me more than just about anyone else.

Let me back up and provide a little visual for you all. All of a sudden, one day, the little sweet pea decided to shift positions (or just get bigger as he or she is supposed to!) and land DIRECTLY ON TOP OF MY BLADDER. Up until that time I could sleep straight through most nights without having to get up and pee. Now, not so much the case. Every weekday I haul myself out of bed in the morning and slip my comfiest shoes on over my Shrek feet just long enough to get to work where I promptly take them off and slip (so gracefully) into my comfy quilted slippers under my desk. I then turn on my computer and promptly waddle down the hallway to the bathroom. I do this oh, once every 20-30 minutes for the next 8 hours. Yes, I am quite the lovely sight the round pregnant lady waddling to the bathroom every half hour. It was just all of a sudden, one day, I didn't even have to drink any water I merely had to look at my water bottle and I have to pee. This is all day long and well into the wee hours of the morning. I will shift positions in bed and yep, there it is, I have to pee. I think I was up four times one night. FOUR TIMES! I am getting good though, I barely even notice it anymore. I think I even stop and pet the doggies and kiss Bj every time I get up. I usually have to maneuver myself and lift a leg so that everything comes out...I have mastered it. Don't worry :)

It just makes me chuckle. No matter where we go I always find the bathroom within moments of arriving. Bj just laughs too. He jokes, "really? you have to go to the bathroom, that's odd!" Every errand I have run the last few weeks, I have used the bathroom. I think places are going to start charging me! I am a little worried about our drive home for Thanksgiving...I don't think Bj knows quite how many times we are going to have to stop!

So that is it folks, I have a new found best friend. The bathroom. I don't know what I would do without her :)

1 comment:

Angela said...

Did you just tell all of us that you have to lift your leg to get all your pee out? I about fell off my chair laughing!! Love you!!!