Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Good-Bye Second Trimester...

"I saw a couple walking by, they were holding hands. She had that glow. I couldn't help but notice she was starting to show..."

That is the song that has made me cry oh so many times this trimester, pretty much every time I hear it. So, I thought it was fitting to share the lines that reminded me of the last three months of my pregnant journey. It is hard to imagine that we are entering the final leg of pregnancy and will be welcoming our sweet little baby in just three months. Wow!

There have been so many new emotions and experiences with this trimester and I have to say I have loved every minute of it. We have both been excited about this baby from the beginning, but the first trimester came with so many different emotions than this one. I think the first one that comes to mind is sick, and we were nervous and anxious for the first 12 weeks to be over. In the last three months we have just steadily gotten more and more and more excited (and lost the nervous feelings). We got to see pictures of the baby and I feel movement all the time. It is amazing and I feel like the minute we saw that sweet little baby in my belly we have been on cloud nine ever since. To know that he or she is in there, safe, and growing as they should has just been amazing. I was thinking the other day about what it must feel like to not be pregnant and I know I will always miss the feeling of our little baby wiggling around in there. It is hands down an indescribable and amazing experience. We have been so busy the last few weeks registering for baby stuff and working on the nursery and things have just been good. I think the emotions I now think of are excitement, amazement, awe, energy, excitement and more excitement. I think it is truly starting to hit both of us and we just can't wait. Each little thing we do in the nursery or pick out for the baby gets us one step closer to feeling like we are prepared to meet our baby. I have had so many people tell me how happy I look and I can honestly say that is exactly what I am. Happy. I just can't say it enough, I am plain and simple a very happy girl these days. In fact, I am so happy all the time I think Bj thinks I am crazy! :) It was so fun to watch him work in the nursery and to see how proud he was of how things turned out. We are still trying to decide on some good names and it has been fun texting back and forth when we see a name we like. On a side note (and I can't believe I am admitting this) we both came home from voting last night and said we say yes or no to the current judges based on whether or not we liked their name. If that doesn't sound like a couple trying to name their baby, I don't know what does!

While most everything has been wonderful the last three months. The hardest thing for me has been having to take off my wedding rings. I didn't want to take the chance of them getting stuck on my finger, so they are tucked safely away until after January. I miss them and I miss wearing them. I have a lovely little faux band, but it is just not the same. The other thing that has been hard have been my "Shrek feet". Yes, I look like Shrek from the knee down, only my legs are not green, just a lovely shade of white! My poor feet have taken a beating with this pregnancy, but if it is the most of my worries I have nothing to complain about. They are kind of funny, just not so much when I can't fit them into any of my shoes and I am too cheap to buy a new pair!

On a different note, I have been asked about any good cravings and my best one as of yet has to be the day I craved (and ate!) nachos and pancakes. In that order. It is what I wanted and it is what I ate! Bj will probably never let me live it down (mostly because I think he wished he would have eaten it too) and we have a good time laughing about it! For now we are just soaking in the new feelings and emotions that this last trimester will bring. Hard to believe that after these next three months and some major belly growth we will have a baby! We will have a name, a gender and a sweet little peanut to love forever!

I was looking back through some belly shots and got a kick out of how much I have grown and changed in the last few months!






This is the very beginning of the 2nd trimester-- August 21, 2008










A little bigger -- September 8, 2008











Big Momma -- October 25, 2008

No comments: