Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Little Thumper

I have mentioned many a times that this little baby is an active little girl or boy. I feel the most movement throughout most of the morning, a little in the afternoon and in the evenings. I have woken up a few times in the middle of the night or wee hours of the morning to feel the little one playing away in there as well.

Today was a particularly active morning, I think the coordination is getting better and the movements are much stronger, so I looked down at my belly to say hi only to see it "thump" out! It was wild, it is the first time I have seen my stomach move along with the baby. I am still a few weeks away from discerning body parts, but it was really amazing! "They" were having a good time in there today, knocking all over the place :) I don't think I will ever get over the wonder and amazement that there is a little naked baby growing big and strong in my belly. I am sure I will be saying that over and over as the little one gets bigger, how I can't believe the naked baby I grew in my belly is: going to be one, going to school, learning to drive, leaving for college, etc. The poor little one is going to be all, "momma please stop you are embarrassing me!" :) I guess the little one will just have to get used to it, as I don't see myself changing much in the near future. I keep reminding myself one day they will appreciate me! :)

1 comment:

Angela said...

I love it! I remember seeing my bosses stomach move, craziness! I have another friend from high school who is pregnant and you two have very similar updates. I was just reading her blog and she saw the movement for the first time recently, too! So fun! I hope you're feeling well. Love you!