Monday, July 21, 2008

Scooter, Jr.

Most of you reading this little blog of mine can probably figure out why the name Scooter has significance to me, but I still feel as though I need to explain myself.
The first time I fell in love with a man, he was, tall, handsome, (had a ton of hair), with a welcoming smile, contagious laugh, a sense of humor, feeling of safety...and best of all, I knew he loved me, my brother, and my mom with all his heart. This wonderful man was my dad and the guardian of my baby for the next nine months (and guardian angel Paw-Paw for the rest of their long life). I have had a very tough time dealing with him being taken from us entirely too early and I have found that sometimes it helps me to talk to him, write to him or just write down my feelings in general. I have found myself struggling a lot lately realizing that my sweet baby will never know such a huge person in mamma's life. I will do my best to teach this baby what a wonderful person his or her Paw-Paw was and that he is always watching over and protecting them. I wanted to do something that reminded me of my wonderful childhood. So, with that said...
I can still hear my dad calling me "SCOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTEEEERRRRRRRR!!!" and it always makes me smile. Scooter was a childhood nickname that carried on through my adulthood. He said I used to just scoot along on the floor and hence the name! So, I thought it was only fitting that the peanut be Scooter, Jr! A nice little tribute, one that I think Pops would get a kick out of!

No comments: