Monday, July 21, 2008

A Perfect Heartbeat!

The day we have been waiting for has finally come! On Thursday July 17th, we heard our baby's heartbeat for the first time! To say it was a moving experience does not even begin to describe what it felt like to hear that perfect little heartbeat...our first communication with the little peanut! I have had dreams and prayed about that little sound for the last 6 weeks and it was everything I had hoped for. I think Brian and I just laughed and looked very much in awe. We could have definitely listened to it all day, the swoosh swoosh THUMP, THUMP, THUMP...so fun! We are already anxiously awaiting the next visit and heart beats...I don't know what I am going to do when we see the little one on the sonogram ultrasound, most likely cry!
The rest of the day was lovely, I was able to tell everyone at work. They were all so excited, just not very surprised! Apparently I am not as good at keeping a secret as I thought I was. I do think it is one of nature's cruel little tricks, the waiting until 3 months to tell, as I felt dreadful for the first three months! Now that the secret is out I feel like I can sing it from the mountain tops! We are just busy thinking of names and planning the little nursery out!

No comments: