Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy Day, Momma!

I can't believe it's here...my last year in my 20's! AHH!! Seriously, when did this happen - HOW did this happen!? I am not joking when I tell you I still feel like I am 25 (deep down inside I still feel like I LOOK like I am 25 until I see a mirror!), it's just amazing how fast the time goes the older you get :) I woke up on Saturday morning to probably the most amazing present this momma could ask for...a 2 HOUR snuggle fest with my sweet boy! Connor is a mover, not a snuggler (don't get me wrong he give GREAT hugs and KISSES, he just can't sit still long enough to snuggle but for 30 seconds!) and this momma is a snuggler. So, I heard C talking in his pak 'n play at 5:50...waaayyy to earlier, but at least he was still in the pak 'n play :) So I went in and got him and brought him back to our bed, knowing he wouldn't fall back asleep but still being hopeful! Oh my word, my sweet man snuggled in the crook of my arm and we both fell back asleep until 8 - good Lord, I was in heaven!! Haha!! After that it was up and at 'em so we could finish packing up and head out to the airport! But, not before I got a few pictures with my boys!
Overall it was a great day - I loved being able to spend it with my boys! The traveling was a little long, but I will take it :) It was funny though we were in the security line at the airport and C wanted to run around - I told him no, explained why and picked him up. Well, he pitched a FIT! The ladies behind me said "little boy, you be nice to your momma" (hahahah!) and I told them "I know AND it's my birthday!" It made me chuckle, I am sure I will remind him of it when I am old and grey :)

We went to my grandma's on Sunday with my mom's side of the family to celebrate my birthday and my mom's (happy birthday yesterday nonny!) - it was lovely! I am fully embracing this last year in my 20's feeling so grateful and blessed with all of my wonderful friends and family. I can't wait to see what this year has in store for us!

 

No comments: