Monday, April 5, 2010

Popsicles and 15 Month Check-ups!

I know this is kind of a funny picture, but it really summed up how C's day went - a little on the "messy" side! My poor sweet boy - I got the orders to take him in for a lead screening at his 12 month appointment (they test all 12 month olds who live in homes built before 2000) and being the great mom that I am, I waited three months until the day before his 15 month check-up to do it! We had to go to the lab - it was a little out of the way and I just kept forgetting to do it. So, knowing that he had his appt. the next day I figured I should get it over with. I thought we were in for a heel prick and out the door...oh my word - it was terrible!!! I get to the lab and the lady goes, well it's just you and me you are going to have to hold him tight! I was like what?! Oh yes - she sits me down in the chair and pulls out the tourniquet and gets ready to stick him in the arm, just like she would draw blood from you or I! I got him in his bear hug and held and kissed him as tight as I could...unfortunately the nurse did not hold his arm as tight as she could and she blew his vein and had to do the OTHER SIDE! I was BESIDE myself and poor Connor was just hysterical. I was devastated and haven't felt like that since he was in the hospital where I could at least hide in the bathroom when they did things to him I couldn't watch. After she finally got all she needed we were out the the door and I was on the phone with daddy, crying that we were stopping by and Connor deserved treat after treat after treat for what he just went through! He was fine and ate a whole thing of fries on the way home :) After we got home he got what else - a popsicle! Popsicles and beautiful days make anything okay,right? He wasn't quite sure of it at first, but I gave him another one last night and dinner and he LOVED it - it was too cute :) Look at those baby legs, are they not the sweetest things? I am all about going "pants less" in the summer...ha! The next day (again cue the world's worst momma award) not being aware of the fiasco that Thursday would bring, I had scheduled C's 15 month check-up. Um...he cried the WHOLE time - he did not want that doctor anywhere near him :) I don't blame him, I would have been traumatized too!!! Dr. C said he is doing great and is pretty perfect...we couldn't agree more :)
Here are the stat's (doing these from memory...)
Weight: 22 lbs. (20th percentile)
Height: 31 inches (60th percentile)
Head Circumference: 48 inches (70th percentile)
You are looking good C - thanks for being a trooper and hanging in there this weekend :)

No comments: