Sunday, January 3, 2010

Welcome, 2010!

Happy New Year!
We went over to Greg and Meredith's house for a little bit, ate lots of food and played apples to apples. It was perfect - we just hung out, Connor had fun playing and we were home in time to get him to bed. After that Bj and I quickly changed into our jammies and watched Harry Potter 3. We didn't make it till midnight and it was perfect - just what we wanted. A nice evening with the family! My mom had some friends over so we did manage to make an appearance with them! She keeps laughing at how old we are, she is always up later than we are!
(i really just wanted to show off C's super cute ugg boots. Don't they look so sweet on his feet? He loves them - though he likes to pull the stuff off the inside and eat it while in his car seat! ha!)

I can't believe it, where has this year gone? Thinking back on where we were last year compared to now is crazy. Last year Bj ran though the hospital to kiss Connor and I, arriving one minute before New Years. He didn't yet weigh five pounds and was 3.5 weeks away from going home for the first time. Now, we have just celebrated his first birthday and he has been a joy from the minute he was born. Looking back, I am so thankful for this year and thankful for our sweet boy...and just really, really happy and thankful in general. This year we saw lots and lots and lots of change - we packed up our life and moved to St. Louis, started new jobs, settled into parenting and a new life. What I remember most is being happy - happy with my life and happy with my new little family. I know there are things I want to work on this year, but most of all I hope to be just as happy next year as was this next year. I can't wait to see what we all get into this new year and new decade. I will leave you all with that, I hope everyone has a safe, happy and healthy new year!

No comments: