Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Little Bookworm

Most of you may know that I love to read. My parents used to yell at me because I would read into the wee hours of the morning with no lights on, straining my eyes. Connor has a full bookshelf and my hope is that he will grow up loving to read as much as I have. I try and read to him everyday, for as long as he will sit - just so he gets used to it. So far so good - he loves "thumbing" through his vast library. His new favorite book is "That's Not My Teddy" - he reads it morning, noon and night! I get so into my books that sometimes I can't put them down and most often I enjoy books more than movies. I got hooked on a few books (ahem, Twilight) while pregnant and I would sit in my hospital room, the bathtub, or Connor's room and just read to him. We read the whole series in about a week - I laugh that maybe that means he will grow up to be an author, from all the reading I did just before and right after he entered the world!

No comments: