Thursday, May 14, 2009

Packing the Homestead Update No.1

I am happy to report that we are about 97% packed up! My wonderful mother-in-law HAND WASHED and then HAND PACKED everything in the china cabinet and the kitchen. I don't think we would be this far without her - an extra set of hands to help with the packing and child rearing. We thought we would let her have her say in the packing up the breakables department with her 22 moves in all!! Ha! The house is a total disaster and we love it because we are moving in less than a week!! I know it hasn't sunk in yet - but it is starting to become a tiny bit more of a reality. I was just so excited that I didn't have to be sad watching Deb leave tonight - didn't have to be sad at the tears in her eyes when her grandson smiled at her because she will see him again in less than a week and then WE are never leaving again. Enjoy the house DISASTER, I mean packing pictures! :)
The laundry room - or what used to be the laundry room :)
The living room and dining room - notice the EMPTY china cabinet!
The woman responsible for our sanity this weekend! Thank you for ALL of your help and guidance Nana, we couldn't have done it without you!!!

No comments: