Friday, March 27, 2009

Twilight

So, I am a little ashamed to admit that while in the hospital I fell in love with the "Twilight" series. I had not heard anything about it until the day I got into the hospital, the movie was coming out and it was all the hype. Several people offered to bring them by and I was like whatever, I am not reading that silly book. UM...I finally caved because I LOVE reading (hence the bookshelf that had to be in Connor's room and the two shelves full of books!) and I wanted something else to keep me going. I mean...I needed an excuse to stay in the bathtub for longer! Yeah, when I finally started reading it I couldn't stop. I had the whole series read in about a week and a half. I was so psycho about it I read them out loud to Connor. He was born when I was starting on the second book, so he got to hear them in person...the lucky dog. I would sit in his room in the NICU and read for hours, I couldn't stop until I was done.

Now, to backtrack, I am a book person. Most of the time I am going to like the book better than the movie, the only exception has been Harry Potter. I haven't read the books I have only seen the movies and I love them. Well, on Thursday night I made BJ watch Twilight with me. It had come out over the weekend and I don't know how I held back as long as I did, but I have to say I really enjoyed it. Though -- I think I am alone on this, I did not find Edward Cullen all that attractive and I was not a fan of Jacob's long hair!! So, that is that, I had to share!

No comments: