Sunday, December 7, 2008

Memo: "Patient is Starving..."

In case you were wondering that is an actual line from my chart here at the old hospital. Yep, that's right large pregnant, bedridden patient in room 304 is starving!!! WOW, this will not comes as a surprise to many people, but I thought you would find it funny! I had casually mentioned that eating was never a problem for me and this is what ensued.

One of my night nurses comes in and says "Oh, I saw on your chart that you are starving, did you figure out some snacks you can eat?"

I turn red and go "Oh Melody, could you please black that out?"

She goes "Oh no, it wasn't bad, it just says that the patient wants to have some healthy snacks for her and the baby"

Sure, sure, I think she was just trying to make me feel better and not like a huge pregnant lady! I really do find it rather amusing and I stick to my case, I am just doing all I can to fatten up this little baby...I want him or her over 4lbs before they enter this world! So, I smiled as the next morning I ordered my eggs, french toast, a cinnamon bun AND a muffin for breakfast :)

No comments: